Night Sky A Field Guide to the Constellations Product Description:
Make stargazing more fun than ever! Stargazing is probably the most accessible natural experience we have. All one has to do is step outside on a clear night – no equipment is needed and you don’t have to travel. What’s more, while it’s difficult to find family activities that engage the young and old alike, everyone loves stargazing. Night Sky focuses on constellations and makes their identification easy.
- A simple approach: focus on one constellation at a time, instead of studying dizzying charts.
- Ensure success: start with the easy-to-find constellations and work toward the more difficult ones.
- Two ways to locate constellations: an overhead map or a horizon chart – choose whichever works best for you.
- Use what’s familiar: learn to locate any constellation in relation to the Big Dipper, the North Star, and the top of the sky.
- Mythology and more: fascinating acts, interesting tidbits, detailed information about the planets and solar system, and more. As a bonus, a small red-LED flashlight is included with the book – it allows you to enjoy the book while helping you retain your night vision!
Jonathan Poppele is a naturalist, author and educator with wide-ranging interests. He earned a master’s degree in Conservation Biology from the University of Minnesota, studying citizen science, environmental education, and how to cultivate a personal relationship with the natural world.
|Page Count ||320 pages |
|Folded Size ||6.0" x 4.40” x 0.60" |
|Binding ||Softcover |
|Publish Date ||December 2009 |
|Publisher || |
|ISBN 13 ||9781591932291 |