A guide for families and outdoor adventurers alike, this 2019 4th edition Trailblazer takes you to all of the Big Island’s famous attractions, as well as its hidden spots. Nearly twice the size of the other islands combined, the Big Island presents a challenge to adventure travelers with limited time. Trailblazer comes to the rescue with its trademark organization and clear directions.
• 153 hikes and strolls: the peaks of Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa, the shores of Waipio Valley and Kealakekua Bay, Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, rain forests and botanical gardens, waterfalls, Petroglyph fields, and the Kona Coast.
• 73 snorkeling and swimming spots, including hike-to specials.
• 41 surfing spots: boards, bodyboarding, and body surfing.
• 24 bike trails for adventure cyclists: mountain, coastal, forest.
Updated after the 2018 eruptions, this fourth edition also includes:
• Dozens of new adventures and photographs
• A ‘Best Of’ section that lets you pick the right activity for the right day
• Resource Links with hand-picked accommodations and restaurants, recreational outfitters, transportation, and visitor information • Hawaiian cultural attractions and museums
• A Trailblazer Kids section for family vacationers
• Safety tips and trip-planning advice