adventurers alike, this 2014 3rd edition Trailblazer takes you to all of the Big Island’s famous attractions, as well as its hidden spots. Nearly twice the size of the other islands combined, the Big Island presents a challenge to adventure travelers with limited time. Trailblazer comes to the rescue with its trademark organization and clear directions.
• 153 hikes and strolls: the peaks of Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa, the shores of Waipio Valley and Kealakekua Bay, Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, rain forests and botanical gardens, waterfalls, Petroglyph fields, and the Kona Coast.
• 73 snorkeling and swimming spots, including hike-to specials.
• 41 surfing spots: boards, bodyboarding, and body surfing.
• 24 bike trails for adventure cyclists: mountain, coastal, forest.
This completely revised 3rd edition also includes:
• 9 maps and more than 220 photographs, and a 4-page color insert.
• A Trailblazer Kids section for family vacationers.
• A ‘Best Of’ section that helps you pick the right activity for the right day.
• A ‘Resource Links’ section with hand-picked accommodations and restaurants, recreational outfitters, transportation, and visitor information.
• Driving tours to the Parker Ranch and Kohala Coast, Hilo and the Heritage Coast, and Kona coffee country.