Kauai Trailblazer: Where to Hike, Snorkel, Bike, Paddle, Surf, 6th Edition Product Description:
A guide for families and outdoor adventurers alike, this sixth 2015 edition Trailblazer covers all of the island with easy-to-follow directions and descriptions for:
• 119 hikes and strolls to mountain ridges, tropical gardens, beaches, jungles, coves, reefs, historic landmarks and ancient ruins, swamps, craters, forests, coastal bluffs and tide pools, towns, canyons, waterfalls and river valleys.
• 68 beaches, including 22 reachable by trail.
• 38 mountain bike rides along forest, coastal, and countryside trails.
• 27 kayaking waters: 13 rivers and streams, 14 bays and lagoons.
• 36 surfing spots.
• A special ‘Trailblazer Kids’ section for families. The sixth 2015 edition of Kauai Trailblazer includes:
• 10 maps and 192 photographs; 4-page color insert.
• 4 driving tours featuring heiaus, wildlife sanctuaries, cultural and historical sites, tourist attractions and natural wonders.
• Resource Links to recreational outfitters, stables, golf courses, camping, transportation, accommodations, local-style eats and shops.
• Appendices of Hawaiian words, place names, movie locations, hula performances, farmer’s markets, weather, flora, history and philosophy.